Aromatherapy Massage in Stirling
Aromatherapy can be defined as the controlled use of essential oils to maintain and promote physical, psychological and spiritual wellbeing (Mojay 1996). Each essential oil will have a range of therapeutic actions and can therefore be indicated for use in many circumstances. The aromatherapy treatment entails one hour full-body massage applying a blend of aromatic essences. This mixture is an individual and unique prescription that should be based on as much information about the client as possible, and the aim should always be to restore balance. In holistic aromatherapy practice not only the combination of the oils remains important but the holistic assessment of the patient’s physical, physiological and psychological needs on each occasion (Rhind 2009).
Aromatherapy has been proved to be beneficial in conditions such as:
- Improving circulation locally, enhance the body detoxification process and reduces oedema and fluid retention
- Digestive problems: indigestion, IBS, constipation, colic, flatulence and many digestive probles stress related.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS), amenorrhoea, dysmenorrhoea, menopause problems
- Immune system booster
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Skin problems
- Stress, tension, anxiety, depression, mental fatigue, insomnia, lethargy
- Muscular tension and pain, arthritic and rheumatic conditions
- Headaches, neuralgia and sciatica
- Catarrhs, sinus congestion, respiratory tract infections, colds and asthma
- Urinary system problem