Deep Tissue Massage.
Deep Tissue Massage is delivered in Stirling by Andrea Lagunas.
Deep tissue is a technique that focuses primarily on the deeper layers of muscles and fascia using firmer pressure and can also refer to gentle, slow yet sustained pressure to release tension and pain. This massage involves working and acting on the body with specific techniques using hands, fingers, elbows, knees or forearm.
The massage is beneficial mostly because it helps stimulate blood flow and relieve muscle tension, while at the same time lowering psychological stress and releasing “happy hormones” like serotonin and oxytocin.
Benefits of a course of Deep Tissue Massage:
1. Treats Chronic Back Pain, by combining lengthening and cross-fibre strokes, with positive effects if performed regularly, (2014 Study published in the Scientific World Journal).
2. Helps lower High Blood Pressure, Deep Tissue has positive effect on systolic and diastolic arterial pressure readings in adults with pain and High Blood Pressure. (Study in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine).
3. Reduces Stress, Anxiety and Muscle Tension, by lowering cortisol level (stress hormone), while boosting oxytocin (happy hormone), which relaxes the body with soothing effects.
4. Reduces inflammation and muscle spasms, following injury and after stressful times, inflammation reduces blood flow to the muscles cutting off oxygen and vital nutrients, increasing a build-up of toxins around damaged tissue with greater swelling and pain. Deep tissue massage will stimulate blood flow, loosening muscles allowing more oxygen and reducing body nervous system autonomic response.
5. Reduces Arthritis Symptoms, Deep Tissue Massage can significantly improve arthritis pain compared to lighter massages. Also, relieving stiffness, anxiety and reduced range of motion. (by the Arthritis Foundation).
REMEDIAL MASSAGE Versus DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE?
Remedial targets specific injury sites and use a variety of techniques to normalise an area. Deep tissue can be good for a more stress/tension related back, neck, head, legs aches/pains and body adhesions (knots).
From June 2018: Andrea will be offering KCR at One Allan Park. She will also offer a combo of KCR and Deep Tissue Massage