Dr. Louise Richards. Clinical Psychologist. CBT practitioner
Dr Louise Richards, Clinical Psychologist BSc (Hons), CPsychol, AFBPsS, DClinPsy, HCPC Reg.
Dr Louise Richards is a Clinical Psychologist with ten years of experience in delivering psychological assessment and therapy within the NHS in Scotland. Louise has is highly experienced in working with clients who have difficulties ranging in severity from mild to severe. However, her NHS has focused on those with complex or long-standing difficulties, which may require specialist treatment from a highly qualified practitioner, rather than standard CBT for anxiety or depression. The majority of her experience comes from working in Community Mental Health (mainly treating complex anxiety problems, depression, trauma, abuse and personality disorder) and in specialist services treating body image difficulties, eating disorders and manging weight. She specialises in treating adults and young people.
Difficulties she can help with:
- Anxiety, Stress, Panic, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Trauma, PTSD, Abuse
- Depression, Low Self-Esteem, Bereavement
- Relationship Issues
- Eating Disorders, Weight Management, Body Image Problems
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Difficulties associated with Chronic Illness and Pain
- Overwhelming emotions such as Anger, Guilt or Shame
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Integrative Psychological Therapy
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement and Desensitisation
Reprocessing (EMDR) for trauma (special price, please call)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy), University of Glasgow
- Bachelor of Science (BSc Honours, 1stClass) in Psychology, University of Stirling
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences (BSc), University of Edinburgh
Training as a Clinical Psychologist is very in depth and includes training in treatment across age ranges and difficulties. Training is delivered in conjunction with the NHS in Scotland it takes on average approximately 8 to 10 years to qualify. Training covers the treatment of adults, children and adolescents, those with learning disabilities and neuropsychological assessment.
Louise is a fully qualified, HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council) registered Clinical Psychologist. In the UK, by law Clinical Psychologists must be registered with the HCPC in order to practice. Louise is a Chartered Member of the British Psychological Society and an Associate Fellow of the BPS (awarded due to her experience) and a member of the BPS Division of Clinical Psychology.
Private Medical Insurance: Dr. Louise Richards is approved by all the major medical insurance companies. Please let us know in advance if your consultation fee is covered by your medical insurance.
Dr Louise Richards will be delivering a number of stress management classes early in 2017. Details to follow soon !