Hot Stones Massage
What is Hot Stones Massage?
This therapy uses basalt volcanic stones which, when used in harmony with a massage, help to balance, restore and de-stress. The practitioner will position hot stones on specific areas of the body and then perform a full body massage with the hot stones, applying oil and introducing the heat from the stones gradually. Basalt stones are the most recommended volcanic stone to use in hot stones therapy, because they are of a non-porous and smooth texture, and have the ability to retain their heat for up to 45 minutes. Their high ferruginous components improve blood flow and relax the muscles.
Who delivers Hot Stones Massage?
Linda Buick, our lead complementary therapist and aromatherapist. Read more about her here.
Benefits of the therapy
- Increases circulation, facilitating maximum blood flow for optimum body function
- Increases cell metabolism, therefore increasing the rate at which the body processes nutrients and toxins
- Deep relaxation of the muscles, helping to alleviate stress and tension
- Increases lymphatic flow, which enhances detoxification, cleansing and elimination
- A deeper, and longer, feeling of relaxation
The treatment lasts approximately one hour.