Dr. Liza Morton. Chartered Counselling Psychologist
Life can be tough and sometimes we need support. At times we can experience problems with our thoughts, feelings or relationships. We may find ourselves repeatedly in difficult situations and feel stuck. Psychological therapy offers a confidential, safe and supportive relationship, with a qualified professional, to explore these difficulties. Psychological Therapy can help alleviate distress, improve psychological functioning and build resilience to life’s challenges. My approach is individualised for each client and I work collaboratively with them, drawing on my extensive training in a variety of psychological theories, approaches, frameworks and techniques.
I usually meet with clients weekly or fortnightly but I am willing to negotiate the regularity of our sessions.
Evening sessions are available.
Training, qualifications & experience
As a Chartered Counselling Psychologist, I am a member of the British Psychological Society’s Counselling Psychology Division and I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council. I have more than ten years’ experience working in the NHS therapeutically with individuals dealing with common mental health problems using an holistic approach grounded in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) or Interpersonal Psychotherapy.
- Qualification in Counselling Psychology via The British Psychological Society’s Independent Route
- MSc in Psychological Therapies in Primary Care, University of Dundee
- Doctorate in Psychology (PhD), University of Glasgow
- Bachelor of Science (BSc Honours, 1st Class) in Psychology, University of Stirling
- Numerous NHS and BPS accredited further trainings in specific difficulties and therapies
- Dr Morton has published a number of articles in peer reviewed professional journals
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
From £80 for hourly sessions.
If you are a Counselling Psychology Trainee requiring therapy as part of your training please get in touch to discuss fees.