Dr Elena Leschen (MD, NT) member of BANT and IFM
“The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.” Thomas A. Edison
Most people seeking a nutritional medicine approach fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Individuals diagnosed with chronic health conditions i.e. migraines, thyroid dysfunctions, autoimmune conditions, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, asthma, skin conditions, IBS, reflux, H.pylori and other digestive system disorders, CFS/ME, MS, ADD, autism spectrum, depression, PCOS, PMS, infertility, arthritis, osteoporosis, etc.
- Individuals with no medical diagnosis who have a long standing history of being unwell i.e. lack of energy, unexplained weight gain and difficulty losing weight, multiple chemical and food sensitivities, disturbed sleep, neurological, mental/emotional issues, low libido and erectile dysfunction, headaches, frequent colds followed by long recovery times, etc. Conventional laboratory tests run by GPs are usually in the normal range.
- People considering or undergoing dental amalgam removal – for metal toxicity / allergy assessment (Melisa and QS Mercury Tri-Test, etc), optimal dental plan and personal detoxification programme with referral to the dentists trained in safe amalgam removal techniques and protocols.
- Individuals who appreciate an active approach to health and want to maintain their high functional state, i.e. business, professional and sports people who are exposed to high levels of stress on a regular basis.
- Future parents interested in their optimal preconception health and antenatal support.
Nearly thirty years of medical practice has given Dr Leschen a deep understanding and experience of a very broad range of conditions; her current clinical focus is on:
- Heavy metal and environmental toxicity / allergy assessment and detoxification protocols
- ADD / ADHD / Autism spectrum
- Anxiety, and other mood disorders
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME / Fibromyalgia
- Hormone imbalances (thyroid, adrenal, pancreatic and sex hormones)
- Digestive system dysfunctions (IBS, reflux, indigestion, H.Pylori, SIBO, IBD, Yeast overgrowth, etc)
- Safe and sustainable weight loss
Your present state of health is the result of the interplay of many different factors over your lifetime, i.e. diet, lifestyle, stress levels, environmental toxicity, etc, and including your inherited strengths and weaknesses.
Dr. Leschen’s practice approach is based on the understanding that every person is unique. Treating the person, not the conditions, her aim is to identify and address the causes of dysfunctions in order to support healing.
Attaining better health and quality of life are realistic goals in most cases.
To get started, download the relevant Health and Nutritional Assessment Questionnaire below (click on the word “questionnaire” below) and email the completed form to: email@example.com . On receipt, an appointment will be organised.
Female Adult form : QUESTIONNAIRE F 2014
Male Adult Form : QUESTIONNAIRE M 2014
Child Form : QUESTIONNAIRE C 2013-1
I do not aim to diagnose medical conditions and do not prescribe pharmacological medications – both of which are responsibilities of your GP and/or medical Consultants. My role is to guide you in identifying factors contributing to your current health condition and supporting your body’s natural healing ability through dietary, nutritional, life-style and detoxification programmes.
I wish you well and look forward to meeting you.
Dr Elena Leschen