PLEASE NOTE : Due to very high demand for Dr Elena’s services, she is currently unable to take any new clients . We are however, taking appointments for our Nutritional Therapist, Nina Hodgson.
Dr Elena Leschen (MD, NT) member of BANT and IFM
“The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.” Thomas A. Edison
Most people seeking a nutritional medicine approach fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Individuals diagnosed with chronic health conditions i.e. migraines, thyroid dysfunctions, autoimmune conditions, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, asthma, skin conditions, IBS, reflux, H.pylori and other digestive system disorders, CFS/ME, MS, ADD, autism spectrum, depression, PCOS, PMS, infertility, arthritis, osteoporosis, etc.
- Individuals with no medical diagnosis who have a long standing history of being unwell i.e. lack of energy, unexplained weight gain and difficulty losing weight, multiple chemical and food sensitivities, disturbed sleep, neurological, mental/emotional issues, low libido and erectile dysfunction, headaches, frequent colds followed by long recovery times, etc. Conventional laboratory tests run by GPs are usually in the normal range.
- People considering or undergoing dental amalgam removal – for metal toxicity / allergy assessment (Melisa and QS Mercury Tri-Test, etc), optimal dental plan and personal detoxification programme with referral to the dentists trained in safe amalgam removal techniques and protocols.
- Individuals who appreciate an active approach to health and want to maintain their high functional state, i.e. business, professional and sports people who are exposed to high levels of stress on a regular basis.
- Future parents interested in their optimal preconception health and antenatal support.
Nearly thirty years of medical practice has given Dr Leschen a deep understanding and experience of a very broad range of conditions; her current clinical focus is on:
- Heavy metal and environmental toxicity / allergy assessment and detoxification protocols
- ADD / ADHD / Autism spectrum
- Anxiety, and other mood disorders
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME / Fibromyalgia
- Hormone imbalances (thyroid, adrenal, pancreatic and sex hormones)
- Digestive system dysfunctions (IBS, reflux, indigestion, H.Pylori, SIBO, IBD, Yeast overgrowth, etc)
- Safe and sustainable weight loss
Your present state of health is the result of the interplay of many different factors over your lifetime, i.e. diet, lifestyle, stress levels, environmental toxicity, etc, and including your inherited strengths and weaknesses.
Dr. Leschen’s practice approach is based on the understanding that every person is unique. Treating the person, not the conditions, her aim is to identify and address the causes of dysfunctions in order to support healing.
Attaining better health and quality of life are realistic goals in most cases.
To get started, download the relevant Health and Nutritional Assessment Questionnaire below (click on the word “questionnaire” below) and email the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org . On receipt, an appointment will be organised.
Female Adult form : QUESTIONNAIRE F 2014
Male Adult Form : QUESTIONNAIRE M 2014
Child Form : QUESTIONNAIRE C 2013-1
My practice approach is based on the understanding that every person is unique. Treating the person, not the conditions, my aim is to identify and address the causes of dysfunctions in order to support healing.
Your present state of health is the result of the interplay of many different factors over your lifetime i.e. diet, lifestyle, stress levels, environmental, as well as your inherited strengths and weaknesses.
In order to do my best to assess your health and nutritional status and to suggest a programme for restoring or maintaining your optimal health, I would like to know more about you.
As a first step towards this I would ask you to fill in the Health Assessment Questionnaire which covers a range of relevant topics. It is also important for me to see your written food diary of 3- 4 typical days.
Please, provide as much information as you are comfortable with. I treat all the information as confidential. It will not be disclosed to third parties without your written consent.
What to expect:
Having analysed your returned questionnaire before meeting you in person, I will have an idea of what to focus on, what additional information will be useful and the general direction of the changes you need to implement in order to improve your health. If you take any regular medications their nutritional interactions and possible side-effects will be noted.
During our one-to-one consultation, usually lasting between 1 and 1.5 hours, we will talk about relevant issues arising from your completed questionnaire in order to build a more complete picture of your health status, and uncover, as far as possible, the origins of your health concerns.
We shall discuss relevant functional laboratory tests if necessary. With your permission, I will conduct an office examination for any signs of nutritional and functional imbalances.
To do my best for you during the consultation session I may need to interrupt you. I do hope you will understand the reasons for this.
I will advise you on the initial dietary and lifestyle changes appropriate for this stage and the practicalities of implementing them.
Initial Nutritional supplements programme and written summary of the recommendations will be sent to you within two weeks of the initial consultation.
Your journey to health is as unique as you are and it is important that a week after the Initial consultation you update me (by email) on your progress and let me know about any questions or difficulties should they arise in the process of implementation the programme. I will email or call you back (10 min free of charge) to discuss or suggest booking an appointment if longer time is needed at this stage.
Second consultation and follow- ups (if necessary)
If necessary, I may advise a follow-up appointment 2-3 weeks following the initial consultation. During this consultation we will discuss laboratory results (if any), evaluate your progress, paying attention to any difficulties arising and your specific concerns. We will then agree on the next stage of the Nutritional programme to suit your needs and particular life circumstances. Any further appointments can be scheduled as needed.
My current fees: (PLEASE NOTE: PROCESS AND PRICE UPDATES EXPECTED FROM 1st OCTOBER 2016)
a) First consultation
- My review of your completed questionnaire and case analysis
- 1-1.5 hours face to face consultation (in some cases by Skype)
- Written recommendations (available within 2 weeks after the consultation
Fee : £ 170.00
b) Following appointments
• Including face to face, telephone or Skype consultation • Written recommendations (if necessary)
Fee: 1 hr – £70.00, 30 min – £40.00
Payment is due at the end of the consultation (credit/ debit card or cash), except for Skype and telephone consultations where payment is required in advance.
Please note:Laboratory tests and nutritional supplements are not included in the consultation fee.
c) Reports and Letters etc
- Should you request additional letters or reports to be written these shall be charged at pro rata £70 per hour based on the time taken to produce the report. I can give you an estimate of the time required and subsequent fee on request.
I do not aim to diagnose medical conditions and do not prescribe pharmacological medications – both of which are responsibilities of your GP and/or medical Consultants. My role is to guide you in identifying factors contributing to your current health condition and supporting your body’s natural healing ability through dietary, nutritional, life-style and detoxification programmes.
I wish you well and look forward to meeting you.
Dr Elena Leschen