What is Swedish Massage?
Swedish body massage can be a stimulating and invigorating treatment, which also has a soothing and relaxing effect. The treatment uses different massage and manipulation techniques of soft tissues of the body to give a positive effect to the systems of the body. The treatment aims to holistically balance the body and infuse relief to tired muscles.
Who delivers Swedish Massage Therapy?
Linda Buick, Andrea Lagunas and Lesley McAulay. Read more about them here.
What are the benefits of the therapy?
- increased blood circulation interacts with body systems transporting nutrients and oxygen.
- improved lymphatic circulation. The immune system relies on the lymphatic system to create a healthy environment for cells to survive and prevent infections.
- better skin circulation. The skin is the largest of the vital organs, connecting to essential nerves.
- increased circulation helps relieve joints, relieving nerves and blood supply around surrounding tissues to help support the skeletal system and body alignment.
- increased connection to the parasympathetic part of the nervous system, which helps restore and conserve the body’s energy.
- reduces the effects of tight aching muscles that may cause discomfort, and stimulates connective muscles.
- alleviates the symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression.
- offers a holistic approach to promote overall wellbeing.