Food Intolerance Testing
Food Intolerance testing is carried out by Linda Buick. Read more about her here.
Do you suffer from chronic, unpleasant symptoms such as:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrom
- Stomach cramps/abdominal pain.
Food Intolerance can cause these symptoms resulting from your body reacting to certain foods. If the immune system or digestive system is not working correctly, IgG antibodies are produced when these “problem” foods are eaten causing a wide range of symptoms. Sometimes it can be the foods that you eat most often, or crave for, that cause ill-effects.
We use a test system called THE FOOD DETECTIVE to help our clients get to the bottom of their problem.
The Food Detective helps to identify reactions to 59 common foods by a simple blood test. Your health professional, Linda Buick, at One Allan Park can do this test with you. (Linda is also a qualified and very experienced nurse) .
YOU GET THE RESULTS IN 40 MINUTES. No need to send samples away to laboratories and wait weeks.
Using the results as a guide, your new diet can be planned and adjusted.
Foods tested are :
- Wheat, gluten, oats, rice, corn, durum wheat, rye.
- Freshwater fish, shellfish mix, tuna, whitefish mix.
- Apple, blackcurrant, grapefruit, melon mix, olive, orange, lemon, strawberry, tomato.
- Beef, chicken, lamb, pork.
- Cows milk, egg
- Almond, brazil, cashew, peanut, walnut.
- Broccoli, cabbage, carrot, celery, cucumber, leek, legume mix, peppers, potato, soya bean
- Cocoa bean, garlic, ginger, mushroom, tea, yeast.
When the test has been completed, you and your health care professional can create a new diet eliminating your problem foods, receive guidance on alternatives and how to re-introduce foods in the future.
The fee for the test plus consultation is £95.