Hopi Ear Candle Therapy
What is Hopi Ear Candling?
Hopi Ear Candling is also known as Thermo-Auricular Therapy. Ear candling has been used for thousand of years by many civilisations, Egyptian, Chinese, Aztec, Tibetan, Mayan and American Indian cultures. The practice was brought to the west by the native American Hopi Indians of North Arizona. (Hopi means “peaceful people”).
When the candle is burning, a light suction action is created. This is known as the “chimney effect” and the movement of the flame creates a vibration of air in the candle which generates a massage-like effect on the eardrum. This has an effect of regulating ear pressure. The warmth of the flow stimulates the circulatory and lymphatic systems and increases immune defence.
Hopi Ear Candling is a pleasant, relaxing and non-invasive treatment to enhance the state of health to the ear, nose, throat and sinus areas of the body. Not only is the treatment beneficial for the upper respiratory tract but also for the circulatory and lymphatic system, making it a whole body treatment. It is a safe and gentle treatment for ear wax removal, and a good alternative for people who have found syringing uncomfortable.
Hopi ear candles are hollow tubes made from natural ingredients of organically grown flax, honey extracts, sage, st john’s wort and chamomile.
Who delivers the therapy?
Linda Buick. Read more about her here.
What are the benefits of the therapy?
Hopi Ear candling works on both physical and psychological levels and is a cleansing programme for the whole body, not just the ears.
- Stimulates and improves lymphatic drainage to the head and neck helping to eliminate waste material from the body.
- Improves blood flow to the head and neck, increasing distribution of oxygen and nutrients to nourish the tissues and encourage healing.
- Alleviating headaches and migraines
- Improving symptoms of tinnitus
- Reducing symptoms of hayfever and rhinitis
- Relieving sinus congestion
- Easing and preventing glue ear in children
- Relieving pain/pressure when flying or scuba diving
- Relieving colds, flu, sore throats by clearing congestion in the ear and throat
- Improving hearing by softening and loosening ear wax
- Alleviating earache by reducing inflammation of the ear canal
- Helping problems with snoring by easing congestion of the upper respiratory airways
- Reducing the symptoms of meniere’s disease and vertigo
- Revitalises the whole body
- Relaxes and soothes and so reduces stress and anxiety
- Rebalances energy flow to the body
- Helps clearer thinking by increasing alertness and concentration
What will treatment be like and when should it be avoided?
For a detailed description of treatment, and when it should be avoided, read more here.