Lesley McAuley. Massage: Sports/Remedial, Pregnancy, Indian Head and Myofascial Release.
Lesley McAuley is a qualified Sports and Remedial Massage Therapist specialising in Pregnancy Massage and Indian Head Massage. Lesley worked in banking for 15 years and, following the birth of her first daughter, decided to change her career direction. “As someone who enjoys regular swedish massages, I was really keen to learn this skill myself and help others to enjoy this wonderful treatment, as well as Indian head massage and pregnancy massage.”
Benefits of these therapies
Swedish massage is an effective form of massage that not only produces an overall relaxing effect, but can help reduce pain and swelling, reduce anxiety, improve sleep and boost the immune system.
Indian head massage is a non-intrusive therapy that can help with tension headaches, eye strain and neck and shoulder pain. It provides a sense of calmness, peace and tranquility, as well as easing mental tiredness.
Pregnancy massage can have enormous benefits not only for the mother, but also the unborn baby, including:
- stimulates circulation therefore ensuring nutrients are distributed to all vital organs including the placenta
- improves lymphatic drainage – eliminating toxins and helps reduce oedema (swelling)
- releases muscular tension of upper back, shoulders, lower back and hips, thus easing the discomfort of sciatica, prolapsed discs and Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- helps reduce stress and induces deep relaxation
- encourages the release of oxytocin (a pain-reducing hormone)
Lesley is also qualified in Myofascial Release Therapy.