Sports and Remedial Massage
What is Sports and Remedial Massage?
Massage is a “hands on” treatment in which a therapist manipulates muscles and other soft tissues of the body to improve health and well being. Varieties of massage range from gentle stroking and kneading of muscles and other soft tissues to deeper manual techniques. It helps relieve muscle tension and reduce stress. Although massage affects the body as a whole, it particularly influences the activity of the musculo-skeletal, circulatory, lymphatic, and nervous systems. Sports and remedial massage can particularly focus on problem areas highlighted by the client, although the practitioner will treat these issues from the perspective of the body as a whole.
Who delivers the therapy?
Lesley McAuley. Read more about her here.
What are the benefits of the therapy?
- Relieves shoulder pain and discomfort
- Alleviates lower back pain
- Relieves sciatic pain
- Lessens muscular pain
- Relieves headaches
- Alleviates neck pain and strain
- Relieves the symptoms of restless legs
- Improves circulation
- Alleviates the symptoms of tennis elbow
- Alleviates the symptoms of golfers Elbow
- Addresses sports injuries
- Lessens muscular fatigue
- Releases trapped nerves
- Lessens stress and anxiety