Counselling in Stirling is delivered by Sheila Dowds
At One Allan Park Wellbeing Clinic, Stirling, our Talking Therapies team consist of expert, Counsellors, Psychotherapists and Clinical Psychologists who can help with almost any issue. Note : Not all our practitioners in our Talking Therapies Team are named or shown in the photo gallery.
The different terms can seem confusing. Yet, they all refer to the process of meeting with a trained professional to help you manage personal issues.
• A Counsellor has specific training in counselling theory and skills, as well as clinical experience of face-to-face counselling. Counsellors usually conduct short and medium-term work.
• A Psychotherapist is also trained in counselling skills and theory, but generally works in greater depth. Psychotherapy is often medium to long-term.
• A Counselling or Clinical Psychologist has similar training to a counsellor or psychotherapist, but also holds a degree in Psychology.
• A Psychiatrist is a medically-trained professional who offers diagnostic assessment and a treatment programme which could include drugs or psychological therapy.
10 Top reasons people come to Counselling in Stirling:
It used to be that people who sought therapy were “crazy” ! The truth is, people who seek Counselling and Psychotherapy in Stirling are basically ordinary people struggling with ordinary, everyday issues. Most of them are simply looking to have guidance on identifying specific goals and issues they want to work on, or to learn effective strategies to make their life better and healthier.
Here are the top 10 most common issues that people have successfully dealt with through Counselling and Therapy in Stirling.
- Anxiety Issues
- Anger Management
- Life Transition
- Chronic Stress
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Behavioural Issues
- Compulsions and Addictions
- Relationship problems
- Grief, Bereavement and Loss
- Mental Health Problems