What is Counselling, Psychotherapy and Clinical Psychology?
At One Allan Park Wellbeing Clinic, Stirling, our Talking Therapies team consist of expert Counsellors, Psychotherapists , Clinical Psychologists and Counselling Psychologists who can help with almost any issue. Note : Not all our practitioners in our Talking Therapies Team are named or shown in the photo gallery.
The different terms can seem confusing. Yet, they all refer to the process of meeting with a trained professional to help you manage personal issues.
• A Counsellor has specific training in counselling theory and skills, as well as clinical experience of face-to-face counselling. Counsellors usually conduct short and medium-term work. Our Counsellor is : ( new Counsellor joining us in October).
• A Psychotherapist is also trained in counselling skills and theory, but generally works in greater depth. Psychotherapy is often medium to long-term. Our Psychotherapist is : Shirley MacKenzie
• A Counselling or Clinical Psychologist has similar training to a counsellor or psychotherapist, but also holds a degree in Psychology. Our Clinical Psychologists are : Dr Jenny Low, Dr Louise Richards and Dr Simon Petrie. Our Counselling Psychologist is : Dr Liza Morton.
• A Psychiatrist is a medically-trained professional who offers diagnostic assessment and a treatment programme which could include drugs or psychological therapy. Currently we do not have a Psychiatrist practicing from One Allan Park.
10 Top reasons people come to Counselling and Clinical Psychology in Stirling:
It used to be that people who sought therapy were “crazy” ! The truth is, people who seek Counselling and Psychotherapy in Stirling are basically ordinary people struggling with ordinary, everyday issues. Most of them are simply looking to have guidance on identifying specific goals and issues they want to work on, or to learn effective strategies to make their life better and healthier.
Here are the top 10 most common issues that people have successfully dealt with through Counselling and Therapy in Stirling.
- Anxiety Issues
- Anger Management
- Life Transition
- Chronic Stress
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Behavioural Issues
- Compulsions and Addictions
- Relationship problems
- Grief, Bereavement and Loss
- Mental Health Problems
The practitioners at One Allan Park Wellbeing Clinic, Stirling have trained extensively throughout the UK. They have years of experience in the NHS, charities and private sectors. They are registered with one or more of the following:
– BPS (British Psychological Society)
– BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
– HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council)
– UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy).