Lesley McAuley- Massage; Sports/ Remedial, Pregnancy, Indian Head Massage and Swedish
Lesley McAuley is a qualified Sports and Remedial Massage Therapist specialising in Pregnancy Massage and Indian Head Massage. Lesley worked in banking for 15 years and, following the birth of her 1st daughter, decided to change her career direction.
“As someone who enjoys regular swedish massages, I was really keen to learn this skill myself and help others to enjoy this wonderful and relaxing treatment. Swedish massage is a very effective form of massage – not only does it produce an overall relaxing effect, it can help reduce pain and swelling, reduce anxiety, improve sleep and boost the immune system.
Indian Head massage is also a wonderfully relaxing treatment. It is a non-intrusive therapy that can help with tension headaches, eye strain and neck and shoulder pain. It provides a sense of calmness, peace and tranquility as well as easing mental tiredness.
I specialise in pregnancy massage and have found that massage during pregnancy can have enormous benefits not only for the mother but also the unborn baby. I have personal experience of this – having had regular massages during my own pregnancies. There are many benefits of massage in pregnancy including:
- stimulates circulation therefore ensuring nutrients are distributed to all vital organs including the placenta
- improves lymphatic drainage – eliminating toxins and helps reduce oedema (swelling)
- releases muscular tension of upper back, shoulders, lower back and hips thus easing the discomfort of sciatica, prolapsed discs and Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- helps reduce stress and induces deep relaxation
- encourages the release of oxytocin (a pain reducing hormone)
Lesley says ” I continually like to improve my skills and knowledge so look out for more treatments being offered soon!”
Lesley lives in Stirling with her husband Jim and daughters Eva (8 years) and Megan (6 years). She enjoys reading, running and spending time with her family.