What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is an established form of natural healing that has its roots in Eastern systems of healing such as Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Reflexology works on pressure points to stimulate the body’s own healing potential, but mainly in the feet and with specific massage techniques (Dougans, 2005). Reflexology is based upon the principle that the whole body is represented on the foot, hand and ears (microsystems) and that the internal organs can be stimulated by pressing particular areas on them (Ernst 2009). Stress, fatigue, illness, toxins and inactivity are harmful influences to the body that reflexology can address through its deeply relaxing, detoxifying and balancing effect on the human body. Reflexology also plays an important role as a preventive medicine.
Who delivers the therapy?
Julie Haswell and Linda Buick. Read more about them here.
What are the benefits of the therapy?
Reflexology has been proved to be effective in many conditions such as:
- Muscular stiffness, chronic low back, neck and shoulder pain
- PMS and other menstrual disorders (menstrual pain, dismenhorrea, amenhorrea)
- Fertility, pregnancy, IVF support, labour and post-natal care
- Any chronic disorder, illness
- Digestive issues such as IBS, food allergies, constipation, colic
- Lymphatic disorders
- Mental issues such as anxiety, depression
- Any stress-related condition
- Migraines and headaches
- Post-operative recovery
- Insomnia, lethargy and mental fatigue
- Pain relief
Reflexology to Boost Fertility and IVF
Reflexology has been shown to be valuable in increasing fertility, as well as supporting the success of IVF. Read more about fertility and reflexology here.